Herbs for Horses with the Snots
Is your horse prone to the “Snots”, allergies from dust and mold, or producing excessive mucous when competing?
S’not a Problem is a blend of herbs for horses for horses traditionally used to reduce mucous production and help the body fight infections. It provides herbal support for the respiratory system while encouraging a healthy immune system. Excessive mucous can indicate dust, mold or airborne allergies and impede performance and durability during racing, especially in the horse that competes heavily with high respirations.
Snot a Problem herbs have been used to improve circulation and encourage the small tuberoles in the lungs to gently drain excess fluid and reduce sinus discomfort by reducing swelling and inflammation. Consult your vet if problem looks serious or doesn't go away. Can be beneficial for:
- Reducing mucus production
- Fighting infection
- Reducing the Snots in horses that are reactive to environmental irritants or race stress causing mucous production
- Building immune system and strengthening the blood
- Healing the respiratory system, lessening scar tissue, and reducing the risk of bleeding or EIPH when performing
- Improving digestion, ridding the stomach of inflammation and acidity
- Moving stagnant chi or "fire" in the stomach to eliminate bacteria from the body
Ingredients: Fenugreek, Garlic, Rose hips, Hyssops, Coltsfoot, Fennel, Marjoram, Thyme, Mullein, Parsley root, Oregon grape root, Nettles, Cayenne, Yellow dock, Artemesia Dentata, Onion
Acute cases: 3 TBS. Twice a day for 30-90 days, 6 days a week.
Chronic cases: 3 TBS once per day, 6 days a week, for 3-6 months as needed.
Performance or Race Stress or Travel: 3 TBS twice a day two days prior, day of and day after for additional immune system support and to prevent infection.
For additional benefits, we suggest using in combination with:
*If the horse is prone to respiratory infection or the Snots and you are using the Bleeder Program, use S'not a problem in place of Bloodless Victory daily. Then use the Bleeder program pre-race.
- Bleeder Program - If your horse runs and it bleeds, the horse can develop or be prone to infection, therefore, we recommend that you use the Bleeder Program. In between races/running use S'not a problem daily if the horse is prone to infection or getting the "Snots".
- Garlic n' Roses with Seaweed to further dry up mucous and build immune system.