Herbs for Horse Liver & Lactating Mares
Is your horse stressed, liver enzyme count abnormal, had heavy drug dosing, exposed to environmental toxins?
Our certified Organic Milk Thistle seeds, traditionally used to improve liver health and function are very mild with no toxic side effects. These miraculous seeds are one of the few herbs for horses traditionally used to nourish and heal the liver and have no real pharmaceutical equivalent. In European, French and Chinese tradition, milk thistle was used as a spring tonic to relieve pent-up energies housed in the liver that could cause illness.
Herbs of the World offers an excellent natural alternative to supplements formulated to support horses in heavy competition; horses that may have been exposed to over vaccination, chemical worming, heavy drugs used to treat injury or long term illness, environmental toxins, stress or over stimulation of fear emotions. It can be beneficial for:
- Healing and nourishing the liver to improve liver function
- Protecting the liver against toxic side effects of prescription medicines and heavy metals
- Promoting the excretion of certain hormones to encourage milk flow in lactating mares
- Increasing bile production in the liver that helps break down fats in the intestine and regulating the digestion of fats
- Reducing inflammation of the intestine
- Stabilizing blood sugars and cholesterol
- Mild release of toxins, heavy metals, environmental poisoning, over vaccination, over use of chemical laden feeds, medicines and living conditions
- Acting against liver cancer by protecting specialized immune cells in the liver known as Kuppner cells.
Ingredients: Certified Organic Milk Thistle Seeds
Suggested Use: 3 TBS twice daily for 4 to 12 weeks