CERTIFIED ORGANIC CHIA SEEDS
Does your horse need Omega Essential Fatty Acids, high fiber and healthy protein?
Does your horse have a lack luster coat, decreased stamina and poor digestion?
Horses love the mild, nutty flavor of the highly palatable Chia Seed! The USA Food and Drug Administration considers Chia Seed a "dietary supplement" and its nutritional content complies with the strict regulations required by the organization to qualify as a "healthy food". We add them to many of our herbs for horses blends for their balanced nutritional components. Chia seeds provide nutrients and eliminate debris.
Herbs of the World sell only organic high quality, human grade Chia seeds. They are easily top dressed on feed and can be beneficial for:
- Providing essential Omega 3-6 oils
- Providing 27.6 grams of soluble fiber for every 100 grams of seed
- Soothing the stomach and all mucous membranes to ease inflammation caused by environmental pollutants, stress, injury or mental insufficiency
- Improving metabolism to reduce acid build-up in the stomach to prevent ulcers
- Reducing scar tissue in the lungs or bowels
- Increasing energy and stamina
- Improving joint health
- Moving sand to prevent colic
Ancient Mexican civilizations used chia seeds as a staple to increase stamina during war, hard labor and endurance races. They are an excellent source of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, minerals, protein, soluble fiber and low non-structural carbohydrate. These natives enjoyed longevity with a reported life expectancy of 120 years.
Preventative or Maintenance: 3-4 TBS added to feed once a day added to feed 6 days a week. Chia is a natural, healthy food that provides optimal benefit when fed on a daily basis.
For Existing Ulcers
: Use in combination with Ulcer Ease
to further improve digestion and improve over all health and ability to recover quickly from performance stress.